Medical Waste Disposal Services in Concord
Medical waste disposal service providers in Concord provide specialized receptacles for medical waste, such as instruments or materials that may have come in contact with potentially infected bodily fluids. Medical waste containers help to keep infection from spreading and infecting new people. The process of disposing of medical waste in Concord, however, doesn't stop at the containers.
How does medical waste disposal work?
Medical waste disposal in Concord is a process starts with color coding the individual containers. Different types of material are treated differently when disposing, so separate containers are set up to isolate those materials. Each of these bins are assigned a specific color:
- Red: This container is reserved for instruments that have come in contact with hazardous materials. This may include syringes without the needle, IV tubing, and catheters.
- Yellow: This color is for "trace" chemotherapy waste. The word "trace" used in this context means empty, or very little. Instruments and supplies used in the chemotherapy process are placed in the yellow bin when they are below the 3% limit. This may include IV bags and vials used for a patients chemotherapy treatment.
- Black: This container is used specifically for instruments and supplies used in chemotherapy. Any vial, IV bag, or tubing that is found to have more than 3% of a drug or chemical remaining must be placed in the black container.
- Blue: This color holds glass materials - beakers and vials - that have been used and pose a contamination risk.
- White: These containers hold sharp elements and instruments. In this container, one would find blades, scalpels, and used needles.
What we offer
- Best medical waste disposal companies in Concord, CA
- Medical Waste Disposal Service for Concord hospitals
- Concord Waste Disposal for Dentists and Veterinarians
There are a number of qualified teams trained and ready to dispose of medical waste in Concord. That's why it is important that you research the various medical waste disposal companies in Concord to best address your specific medical waste disposal needs.
Not Your Area? We also service..
What Our Customers Say
The color coding for the bins is super easy and effective. Very satisfied with the service!
Found a couple of medical waste providers near our offices. We saved a lot of money by switching to a local company. Thank you for the help.
Save up to 20% on Medical Waste Disposal Services!